Followers

Looking for the monthly challenge? Click on the tab below.

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Poinsettia, pine branches and glitter!

Hello bow makers and hello Diemond Dies followers!  This is the very last post using these fantastic dies.  It's been a wonderful, crazy, busy month with the design team and all you wonderful people following this event.  Today is the last day for showing these dies and we will be picking a random winner (drum roll, please) tomorrow!!  So be sure and check back here to see if your name is up in lights!

Well, on to my project.  This was a very tough project to photo and I'm afraid it still doesn't convey the correct color and sharpness.  Since I love glitter, this was so much fun to create.






Here's how I created it:
1.  I used a 5x7 canvass board for my project and using a large dauber,  applied Distress Tumbled Glass ink.  Just an FYI - I did have to heat set it  a bit for the next step.

2.  Since I didn't have a snowflake stencil, I simply punched tiny snowflakes in a random pattern from card stock.  I then placed it over the dried ink and using Dreamweaver paste, placed the snowflakes wherever I felt they were needed.  Immediately dust with glitter and put aside to dry (this is the hard part -- waiting, waiting…)

3.  Next I die cut the Diemond Dies Pine branch a few times and glittered them up to a fare thee well.   Gotta have glitter!

4.  I created this gorgeous poinsettia by first adhering white card stock to wide double sided tape.  Once it was die cut, I dusted all the pieces with glitter, rounded the petals and layered them to form the flower.




5.  I created a multiple loop bow with an extra tail (see how-to in our Video section) and adhered the poinsettia in the center.  Hmm, something was missing.  Aha!  It needed snowflakes on the ribbon tails!  Grabbed my homemade snowflake stencil again and using the Dreamweaver paste and glitter, I fixed that little problem. I love how it added more dimension and made it more cohesive!  But that meant more waiting, waiting till the paste dried (fingers drumming on table).

6.  Adhere long tail of the bow around canvass and attach in back sliding your bow to wherever  you want it placed.  Tuck the pine branches under the bow.

7. The border was created with a Martha Stewart punch and adhered  around the perimeter of the canvass on the back side.

8.   I then created my sentiment on my computer since all my holiday sentiments were either too large or too small, etc.  I created a banner out of it and using a glue pen, added glitter by just tracing over the letters.    I then glittered the edges of the banner sentiment and pop dotted it on to the canvass.

Well, I sincerely hope you enjoyed this fun month with our sponsorship Diemond Dies.  Don't' forget to leave a comment -- the more you enter, the more opportunities you have for winning the giveaway!

I will close by reminding you that next month is BLOG HOP month here at Craft-Dee BowZ and the design team has been very busy creating more inspiration for you.  Blog Hop dates are December 3rd at 10pm through December 5th at midnite.  We'll have a giveaway!!!  See you at the hop!

Donna